LYS, or "Local Yarn Stores" in Winnipeg
- Ram Wools - (989 Portage Ave.) This Winnipeg icon has been around for quite a while. It used to be downtown, then out in The Maples, but is now a co-op in the Wolseley area on Portage Ave. Nice variety of quality yarns, friendly staff. Books, leaflets, workshops, needles and accessories, etc.
- Wolseley Wool - (162 Lipton St.) Started as a corner in Wolseley Wardrobe. It expanded to the point where they opened their own store in Wolseley just a couple blocks down the road. Nice variety of quality yarns, friendly staff. Books, leaflets, workshops, needles and accessories, etc.
(where you can find several things, including yarn)
- Michael's - (Polo Park area, and another location east of St. Vital) Often pricey, but some selection. Keep an eye out for sales.
- Zellers - (multiple locations in Winnipeg) Zellers is converting to Target in Fall 2012, so this may change at any time! They actually had a surprising variety last time I looked.
- Wal-mart - (multiple locations in Winnipeg) Red Heart acrylics. Bernat cottons in small and very large skiens. Very little of other.