- patternreview.com - Online links to
- mysewingcircle.com -
- stitchtalk.com -
- thesewingforum.co.uk -
- craftster.org - Crafts including sewing projects
Specific Pattern Sites
- burdastyle.com - German-based company Burda transcends the normal big four "pattern company" style by offering online content, occasional free downloads, user content, and magazines with multiple patterns.
- voguepatterns.com - Source for regular, designer, and couture patterns. A place to get a dress or pant moulage / sloper pattern. A few men's patterns.
- simplicity.com - Patterns. Decent selection of costume patterns.
- I haven't found a web site for Claire Schaeffer specifically, but julstech.blogspot.ca has a listing of most of the patterns she's produced (through Vogue Patterns.)
Skills Upgrade/Idea Sites
- threads.com - Illustrated techniques, some new ideas, advice on choosing the right tools or fabrics
- kennethdking.com - Couture designer, writer, frequent contributor to Threads Magazine. Often has accessible workshops. PDF patterns and moulage available on his web site.
- I haven't found a web site for Claire Schaeffer specifically, but julstech.blogspot.ca has a listing of most of the patterns she's produced (through Vogue Patterns.) Her patterns are great for learning machine sewn couture and true couture (hand-sewn) techniques.